WBSDCC 2013 Lawn Con
July 16th, 2013 12:00pm | Tags: Teen Titans Go!
TEEN TITANS GO! characters (from left to right) Starfire, Robin, Beast Boy, Cyborg and Raven — ranging from 17–30 feet tall! — will be on display at Warner Bros.’ “Lawn Con” at Comic-Con 2013
WARNER BROS. TAKES THE TITANS OUT OF THE BOX
STUDIO POPS UP A FREE, FUN FAMILY-FRIENDLY “LAWN CON”
DESTINATION FOR COMIC-CON® 2013, COMPLETE WITH
LIVE DJS AND PICNIC-STYLE SEATING
Pose with Gigantic Blowups of Teen Titans Go!’s Beast Boy, Cyborg, Raven, Robin and
Starfire; Explore Life-Size LEGO® Model of The Hobbit Trilogy’s Bag End and
Characters; Check Out Life-Size LEGO® Models of DC Comics’ Batman, Robin and
The Joker; and Hitch a Ride with the Mystery Machine from Scooby-Doo
BURBANK, Calif. (July 16, 2013) — Warner Bros. Entertainment takes over the grounds at San Diego’s Bayfront Park throughout Comic-Con International: San Diego 2013 to prove the pop culture convention isn’t just for big kids — there’s tons of family fun to be had (for free!) with wee ones, too. Popping up a colorful assortment of characters and replicas from Warner Bros. Animation, DC Entertainment, Warner Bros. Consumer Products and Warner Bros. Pictures, the free and fun “Lawn Con” — located just steps from the convention floor, between the San Diego Convention Center and the Hilton San Diego Bayfront hotel — will be open to the public from Thursday, July 18–Sunday, July 21, and will boast some of the biggest Titans at SDCC … literally.
- Fans can see how they measure up next to gigantic blown-up versions of Beast Boy, Cyborg, Raven, Robin and Starfire — ranging from 17–30 feet tall! — from the hit Warner Bros. Animation series Teen Titans Go! (Tuesday nights at 7:30/6:30c on Cartoon Network).
- To download artwork of the Teen Titans Go! figures, click here: http://bit.ly/1bldNs6
- As seen in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, fans can visit a life-size LEGO® model of Bag End, Bilbo Baggins’ underground home, complete with characters Gandalf, Dwalin and Bilbo, himself, among others. To see the making of these life-size builds, click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg_CFCkXy4o. [The Hobbit Trilogy is a production of New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures (MGM).]
- DC Comics fans won’t want to miss the chance to stand side-by-side life-size LEGO® models of the Dynamic Duo — Batman and Robin — as well as Super-Villain, The Joker, on display.
- Scooby-Doo and the Gang wouldn’t be able to solve half as many mysteries without the reliable Mystery Machine to transport them from town to town … and it’ll be parked on the lawn for all to see!
- Also on the lawn is a family picnic area with bench seating, providing the perfect spot to kick back and grab a snack, day or evening (with lighting for night).
- Plus, groove to the sounds of a live DJ, sponsored by Eventmaker! Different DJs will be performing Thursday through Saturday, 10:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m., and Sunday, 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Fans and their families can visit the “Lawn Con” displays each day throughout Comic-Con in Bayfront Park’s grassy expanse behind the convention center.
For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please visit www.thewb.com/comiccon and follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom (hashtag #WBSDCC). For official information about Comic-Con 2013, visit www.comic-con.org and follow Comic-Con on Twitter @Comic_Con.
# # #
(818) 954-4855, email@example.com
(818) 954-5062, firstname.lastname@example.org